£34,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
We are working in partnership with a Lancashire based Local Government client who are looking to recruit a Building Surveyor to join their property team.
The main purpose of the role is to manage projects from inception to completion from carrying out initial condition surveys, property inspections and cost estimates through to day to day maintenance and delivery of larger projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day on-site supervision of construction activities and ensure projects keep within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Liaise with members of the public, tenants, contractors and staff from other Council services regarding all manner of property issues.
- Procure external consultants, for specialist works and oversee their appointment to ensure that gaps in specialist knowledge and experience are filled by appropriate professionals.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Membership of a RICS or CIOB or working towards.
- Appropriate Building Surveying degree.
- NEBOSH NGC 1 and 2 (Management of Health & Safety and Fire Safety & Risk Management).
- A valid CSCS card.
- Computer, IT skills & specialist knowledge of discipline specific software packages such as AutoCAD.
- Good interpersonal skills.
This is a good opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects with a budget of c£1.2m per year for maintenance and capital projects.
This is an organisation who can offer a rewarding and flexible working environment.
Please contact email@example.com t apply or for more information.