£50,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Car / Allowance + Benefits
Construction Planner / Senior Planner
£55k + Car / Allowance + Benefits
Our client is one of the oldest and most reputable contractors in Yorkshire, they are a regional company who work on a variety of new build and refurb projects across a range of sectors including industrial and commercial up to the value of c£30m.
They are a company who look to invest in their staff and subsequently have a low personnel turnover due to the emphasis they have on employee happiness. With a number of key staff having started their career here, they are no strangers to championing progression and ensuring job satisfaction is maintained from the minute you walk through the door.
They are well established across both the Yorkshire and North West market with a strong presence, they are members of a number of key construction frameworks and have good mutually beneficial relationships with private sector clients who have given them a large number of repeat schemes.
Due to them being around for over half a century they have an excellent supply chain who they look after, paying them when they should and treating them with respect. In return they have a reliable and high-quality pool of sub-contractors that they can call upon time and time again.
With a busy year ahead and signs of construction continuing to boom across the North, they are looking to bring an experienced Planner to work out of their West Yorkshire based office to join their close-knit team.
You'll be involved in both tender and contract planning with typical duties including;
- Analyse construction methodologies looking for areas of improvement
- Liaise with the Client and their representatives on planning matters
- Prepare tender programmes
- Attend client interviews and meetings where you will explain programmes and methodology
- Prepare master programmes, updating progress and forecasting completions
- Identify and mitigate risk whilst ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental considerations are taken in to account
To be successful in this role you must have;
- A proven track record operating in a Planning role for a building contractor working on £multi-million building projects.
- Knowledge of planning packages (ASTA, Primavera etc.) & construction management experience
- An understanding of D&B projects with a relevant construction qualification
- Involvement in the handling of design programmes and experience of project control processes
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.