£65,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
car allowance + full benefits package
- A long established family owned and managed business who operate as a main contractor and developer in the residential, commercial, education, leisure, industrial and public building sectors.
- Contracts Manager to have responsibility for the timely and profitable delivery of up to 4 projects reporting to the senior management team and clients on progress of construction projects.
- The allocation, management and motivation of site management teams offering technical support and guidance when required.
- Weekly allocation of direct labour to all sites ensuring reasonable labour levels are maintained where possible and ensuring that labour is utilised economically to ensure site budgets are maintained.
- Working closely with the company H & S Officer to implement and manage the Health & Safety function on all sites to ensure HSE best practice is achieved as per the company procedures and current legislation.
- Direct involvement on projects with Architects, Engineer, Managers and Clients, ensuring a professional approach is maintained.
- Putting together Main Contract/Target Programmes using planning software (ASTA) and carrying out short term programmes and tender programmes when required.
- Chairing regular subcontract meetings on site to ensure that target programmes are being adhered to.
- Ensuring handover of projects are on time, and to the required quality and standard.
- Overseeing of snagging operations, ensuring prompt rectification of defects items.
- Ensuring that good and accurate records are maintained on all sites and that all RFI (Request for Information) sheets and CVI (Client Verbal Instruction) sheets are properly/fully recorded by Site Managers and that Procurement Schedules are kept up to date with the Quantity Surveyors.
- Management and training of new employees.
- A well qualified construction professional with a track record of the successful delivery of multiple projects across a variety of sectors.
- The company provide broad based skills training and fully fund certain certification.
- All staff have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, providing interesting work, role enrichment and job satisfaction.
- The company offer a competitive salary, car allowance, pension & health schemes and other flexible benefits.
- In confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org