£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
We are working with a leading contractor whose North West Regional Office has created an excellent reputation for delivering interesting projects for leading blue chip clients valued to £20 Million.
They have excellent relationships with their clients that means they enjoy a good proportion of repeat, negotiated business.
Their senior management team are dynamic, knowledgeable and very approachable.
They are a real success story who have grown this year despite COVID's influence and have a pipeline of work leading in to 2021 and beyond.
They typically make double digit margins on projects.
- Due to planned expansion they would like to recruit an experienced Design Manager to work with clients, architects, fire safety consultants and design consultants though RIBA Stages 0 - 4/5.
- You will follow the company processes and procedures to build robust, cost effective and creative design solutions.
- You will be tasked with controlling design activity (with support) on projects through the pre-construction and delivery phases.
- You will provide advice on design risk and opportunities for value engineering to the commercial, planning, delivery and client teams.
- You will produce, agree and manage realistic design programs.
- Once projects are on site you will ensure the delivery team are working to the specifications.
As this is a relatively small organisation you will have the opportunity to gain experience within other areas of the construction process and they can offer the chance for you to move into other fields if desired.
- To be considered for this role you will have worked in a Design Management / Co-ordination role previously on building projects.
- They would be keen to speak with Assistant Design Managers/ Design Co-ordinators who are ready to progress their career in to Design Management or those who have already made that step.
- You will be based in or be able to commute to Cheshire daily.
- Commercially aware with an awareness of value engineering.
- IT literacy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- You will receive a good salary and benefits package.
- You will be working with a company who are a recognised market leader in their sectors and who can provide a challenging and supportive environment in which to work.
- It is envisaged that the successful person can quickly take on additional responsibility with career development and progression opportunities readily available.