£30,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Car/All+Pension+Family Friendly Benefits
We are working with a market leading building contractor whose head office is based in the North West.
From here they work nationally and secure work through a number of procurement frameworks on which they have a great degree of success. A good proportion of their workload comes from negotiation.
They are now in a position to add to their small, regional estimating team in line with planned expansion and an extremely healthy pipeline of opportunities for 2021 and beyond.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for someone to continue their career within a highly successful preconstruction team.
They would like to recruit an Estimator or a Preconstruction biased QS who would work closely with the Preconstruction Manager/Director and other Estimators helping to secure projects valued up to £30 Million.
• Analyse tender documents received to understand the Client’s Requirements on the scheme.
• Liaise with the supply chain to obtain project costs primarily regarding both M&E and Construction aspects.
• Analyse and check project costs prior to tender submission.
• Assist with the preparation of tender proposals such as detailed specifications and cost analysis.
• Assistance with individual aspects of various projects from procurement to completion.
• General assistance to the project team as and when required.
Ideally, you will have a Construction related qualification and/ or some practical experience gained in Estimating or Quantity Surveying with a contractor or sub-contractor.
They are also comfortable taking someone at Assistant Estimator or Assistant QS level who they will support with their development and training.
In essence they are very open minded about the level and type of experience you have they are more concerned with the attitude and approach of the individual.
You will be based in or be able to commute to Cheshire daily.
You will be IT literate.
The successful person will receive structured training and development and a good salary and benefits package.
You will be working with a leading, forward thinking, growing contractor who can provide a challenging and supportive environment to work in.