£65,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
Car / Allowance + Benefits
Senior Design Manager
Tier 1 Contractor
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£65k - £70k + Car / Allowance + Benefits
Our client is an established national contractor who work on a broad range of schemes, their portfolio of works includes new build & refurb projects across a variety of sectors including health and education.
Because of repeat business and a healthy pipe line of work, they are looking to recruit an experienced Design Manager with experience of working within a main contractor environment who possesses extensive construction knowledge to assist the management team in delivering a range of schemes to c£30m.
Responsibilities / duties will include;
- Compiling Contractor’s proposals for contract
- Agreeing appointments and scope of services of the Design Team
- Leading design deliverable schedules for each design discipline, coordinating with procurement and construction programmes
- Overseeing data, bid deliverables and reports within both the constraints of the contract and internal commercial objectives
- Briefing of the Design Team including MEP elements, management of any 3rd parties, sub-contractor CDP elements or novated design teams
- Briefing of internal staff members such as Design Managers, Assistants, Coordinators, and Document Controllers
- Advising the design and construction team in regards to “buildability” of the design proposals
- Reporting progress against “Information Required Schedule” and Design Programme
- Liaising with design team and third parties such as statutory authorities, (e.g., Town Planning, Building Control, Utilities, etc.), managing submittal requirements to Client representatives
Ideal candidate must have;
- A Minimum of 10 years construction / engineering experience with a top tier contractor
- Five years’ experience working within a Design Manager position
- Extensive understanding of the construction process from pre-construction/tender stages through to delivery and handover
- Proven experience in delivering design services and successful track record of implementing design strategies
- Experience within the most current forms of procurement
- A Qualification in Building Engineering/ Construction/ Architecture
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the staples of Yorkshire’s construction industry.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.