£60,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Car/Allowance+Tax Free Bonus+Pension+Health+Package
We are working with a leading regional building contractor whose North West Office has created a great reputation for delivering varied and interesting projects based in the North West of England.
They have excellent relationships with their clients that means they enjoy a good proportion of repeat business and they are also members of a couple of procurement frameworks.
They have a young, dynamic regional management team and have processes and procedures the QSs work with that make the job easier.
They are now in a position to add to their Commercial team due to a number of recent, new project awards and a healthy pipeline of future work.
They typically take on projects valued to £10 Million in the health, leisure, industrial, care and commercial sectors.
You will report in to a Commercial Manager who will provide ongoing support.
You will work closely with the operations and technical teams to reach a successful commercial outcome on the project.
As a senior member of the commercial team you will get the chance to guide and advise the more junior members of the team.
If you want progression there is a clear route from Senior QS in to a Managing QS role working directly for the Regional Commercial Director for someone.
You will typically have a couple of projects under your remit so will split your time between the office and sites as you see fit.
Flexible working is also available.
General responsibilities will include the following;
• Undertake all commercial and contractual requirements on the designated projects in accordance with the company procedures and processes.
• Ensuring sound financial performance including profitability, cash flow, and managing risks and opportunities.
• Preparation of accurate and detailed monthly cost reports for review with the Commercial Manager.
• Good working knowledge and application of Main Contract and Sub-Contract Forms and Standard Method of Measurement.
• Preparing and agreeing Monthly Valuations, including valuing variations and forecast final account.
• Appointment of Subcontractors in accordance with Company Procedures, including procurement and account management including valuations, payment notices and agreement of final accounts.
• To work closely with Contracts Management to ensure all required site records and correspondence are completed in accordance with the specific Contract requirements and Company Procedures.
• Maintain close working relationship with the client and design team to assist in the success of the project.
• Liaise with Contracts Management to review and monitor project costs whilst achieving high standards of quality and health and safety.
They would like to recruit a Senior QS who has previously been responsible for leading the commercial function of £Multi-Million building projects.
You will be based in or be able to commute to their office/sites in the North West of England.
You will be IT literate and contractually aware.
You will receive a generous salary and benefits package with lots of family friendly elements.
You will be working with a company who can provide a challenging and supportive working environment who have a really healthy pipeline of work starting on site during 2022.
Excellent opportunities for progression in a highly successful Construction business.