£45,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
car allowance + full benefits package
I am working with a Lancashire based family run Construction business who have forged an excellent reputation in the field over almost 50 years in business.
They operate for a wide range of repeat clients in the Local Authority, Charity, Heritage, Ecclesiastical, Healthcare, Education, Commercial and Industrial sectors.
The company recruit their own apprentices many of who are still with the business having progressed into management roles and work with a loyal supply chain who have the same aim of achieving total client satisfaction.
Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a Contracts Manager to oversee up to 4 contracts at various stages from tender to completion.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The allocation, management and motivation of site management teams offering technical support and guidance when required.
- Weekly allocation of direct labour to all sites ensuring reasonable labour levels are maintained where possible and ensuring that labour is utilised economically to ensure site budgets are maintained.
- Working closely with the company H & S Officer to implement and manage the Health & Safety function on all sites to ensure HSE best practice is achieved as per the company procedures and current legislation.
- Direct involvement on projects with Architects, Engineer, Managers and Clients, ensuring a professional approach is maintained and expectations are being met.
- Putting together Main Contract/Target Programmes using planning software and carrying out short term programmes and tender programmes when required.
- Chairing regular subcontract meetings on site to ensure that target programmes are being adhered to.
- Ensuring handover of projects are on time, and to the required quality and standard.
- Overseeing of snagging operations, ensuring prompt rectification of defects items.
- Ensuring that good and accurate records are maintained on all sites and that all RFI and CVI sheets are properly/fully recorded by Site Managers and that Procurement Schedules are kept up to date with the Quantity Surveyors.
- Management and training of new employees.
Working on a variety of interesting projects with collaborative clients and supply chain this is a great opportunity to join a close knit team who offer a supportive working environment.
Please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org