£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
plus car allowance and package
Development Engineer – New build housing
Could this be the role you have been looking for?
Are you currently an experienced Development Engineer keen to make a move to a Quality builder?
Are looking for an opportunity to work with a multiple NHBC Pride in Job winning regional housebuilder?
A role where you are much more hands on and can make a difference?
Then this might be the very role you are looking for!
Our client, has been building homes across Cheshire for over 60 years, during which time they have accumulated a rich store of knowledge and experience of the locality.
They are currently keen to recruit an experienced Development Engineer to be based from their offices in Cheshire.
What will it involve?
- Coordination of external consultants for S38 / S104 / S278 road and sewer design works
- Coordination of external consultants for services enquiries for site supplies and diversion works
- Supervision of S38, S104, and S278 road and sewer construction works to ensure the works are carried out within the agreed budget and timescale;
- Manage the maintenance and adoption of the S38, S104, and S278 works in conjunction with the Site Engineer;
- Attend monthly update meetings with the Engineering Manager / Technical Director;
- Assist in obtaining planning permissions and other statutory approvals;
- Assist in discharging planning conditions;
- Assist in the production of layouts and technical reports for Land Appraisals;
- Prepare outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals with the use of external consultants where necessary;
- Commission site investigations, topographical surveys and other assessment reports on land to be acquired or already acquired;
- Arrange for street lighting completion certificates and any associated remedial works to allow the street lighting to be placed on to maintenance or adopted;
- Assist in site, drainage and services investigation works;
- Arrange for as-built topographic surveys to be undertaken as required and in turn produce in AutoCAD as-built road and sewer adoption drawings;
- Issue of engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales Departments as necessary;
- Update the SharePoint system with engineering details and drawings as necessary;
- Answer technical and engineering queries in a confident and competent manner;
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy and encourage safe working practices.
Do you have to have any specific qualifications or experience?
- HNC / HND (minimum);
- AutoCAD proficient (essential);
- Word / Excel proficient;
- Valid full UK Driving License;
- Good engineering knowledge from previous experience of working within the House Building Sector;
- Commercial awareness;
- Health and safety awareness;
- Ability to work within a busy team environment and autonomously as the role requires.
Summary – Development Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well known and well respected national builder at an exciting time of expansion.
On offer is a fantastic salary package, consisting of excellent basic, car/car allowance, private health care, pension and bonus.
For apply for this exciting opportunity or to have a confidential chat please contact Rhona on 07908 751771 / 01204 952400 or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org