£55,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Car/All+Pension+Health+Flexible working+Family Friendly Benefits
We are working with a market leading building contractor whose head office is based in the North West.
From here they work nationally and secure work through a number of procurement frameworks on which they have a great degree of success.
A good proportion of their workload comes from negotiation.
They work to double digit margins, are cash rich and have secured the vast majority of their
turnover target for 2022 already.
They are now in a position to add to their small, Regional Pre-Construction team in line with planned expansion and an extremely healthy pipeline of opportunities for 2022 and beyond.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for someone to continue their career within a highly successful preconstruction team.
They would like to recruit a Preconstruction QS who would work closely with the Preconstruction Manager/Director, Estimators and Design Managers helping to secure projects valued up to £50 Million.
• Analyse tender documents received to understand the Client’s Requirements on the scheme.
• Build up Cost Plans to provide early stage cost advice to clients
• Liaise with the supply chain to obtain project costs primarily regarding both M&E and Construction aspects.
• Analyse and check project costs prior to tender submission.
• Assist with the preparation of tender proposals such as detailed specifications and cost analysis.
• Work with Project Quantity Surveyors ensuring a good handover to aid the delivery of schemes
• General assistance to the project team as and when required.
Ideally, you will have a Construction related qualification and/ or some practical experience gained in either Estimating, Cost Planning or Quantity Surveying with a contractor or sub-contractor.
You may be a QS looking for a change of role and hoping to reduce your travel (they envisage the role to be based from their office or are open to home working if desired).
In essence they are very open minded about the type of experience you have they are more concerned with the attitude and approach of the individual.
You will be based in or be able to commute to Cheshire daily.
You will be IT literate
The successful person will receive structured training and development and a good salary and benefits package.
You will be working with a contractor who are a market leader in their chosen sectors, who are forward thinking and have grown significantly over the last 2 years while many of their competitors have contracted.
They can provide a challenging and supportive work environment.