£50,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
car allowance + pension + package
- We are working with a well-established, Regional Construction Group who are active in a number of market sectors.
- Their North West region are experiencing impressive growth with the opportunity to bid for further work via a number of key regional procurement frameworks and via private developers with whom they enjoy a good working relationship.
- They have a very knowledgeable senior management team and still have the feel of a smaller family business where employees are valued and supported.
- They are looking to recruit a SHEQ manager to provide advice and guidance to the business and ensure all policies and procedures are up to date in line with current legislation and to ensure that the standards of HSE Performance are kept to the highest of standards.
- Advise and guide on all health, safety, environmental and quality matters, keeping the business up to date with health and safety arrangements, policy, best practice and issues as they arise
- Conduct regular site inspections and audits to assess the safety standards are maintained and a consistent approach is adopted across the Company
- Ensure that statutory requirements are being upheld throughout the organisation e.g. COSHH, RIDDOR, Display Screen Equipment, Risk Assessments.
- Act as the major link in the event of accidents or incidents, conducting all on-the-spot investigations and advising on recommendations
- Maintain up to date, accurate and appropriate health, safety and environmental records and documentation
- Maintain accident statistics, analyse trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary
- Communicate on health, safety and environmental matters in the form of Company Bulletins, Safety Alerts, Emails and memos
- Provide health, safety and environmental documentation for marketing and at pre-tender stage
- Maintain an up to date professional knowledge of legislative changes, reviewing all relevant policies, procedures and standard documentation and communicating these to the wider business.
- Advise on and facilitate health, safety and environmental training in line with business strategy
- Apply for and maintain appropriate health, safety and environmental awards to enhance the Company’s commercial prospects
- Maintain close liaison with the HSE and other external bodies
- Network within the industry to maintain knowledge and apply best practice
- Will have held a Senior HSE Position in a main building contractor environment
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- SHEQ auditing experience to ISO 9001, 14001, 18001, 50001 and OHSAS 18001 (ISO45001)
- Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety, environmental and quality legislation and best practice
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
This is a great opportunity to join an award winning, long established regional business who have a hands on management team and enviable order book.
Please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org